Webinar: Building a Better Financial Future
Tuesday: April 3, 2012
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Jackie Wilks-Weathers
The Center for Financial Independence & Innovation, Inc.
- Richard Keeling
Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communication
- Abby Cooper
President, Kennedy Douglas Consulting
** Fourth of five sessions in the Asset Building Series .
This session will help Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRC)s and Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRPs) Progress learn concrete strategies to leverage programs together to progress in building a better financial future for their clients.
- It will examine new tools, new strategies, and new ways of thinking to create pathways for VR clients to become financially self-sufficient
- It will discuss the integration of various asset-building tools, work incentives, and financial education.
- The audience will learn about:
- Receive match saving to start a business or go back to school;
- Build a solid credit score and history
- Develop a long-term financial success story;
- How clients can buy their first home through special programs and down payment assistance;
- VRCs and CRPs will learn how to use their advocacy skills, knowledge and networks to strengthen the asset movement in their community.
Objectives & Outcomes
It is expected that VR staff who participate in the webinar will have a basic understanding of asset building strategies that can be implemented for their clients.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar:Juilding a Better Financial Future (2.0 hou2r)
NOTE: This is the rough unedited version of the transcript